activity 6



answers:

Case scenario 1 : sometimes clients are friends around me who not understand with design which they will request for free design service
Some of my freelance clients are friends around me. They will ask for free design service as they assume design is easy and they think “we are friends” so it can be free for the services. It’s annoying where what you’ve done is totally free for people. Therefore, I usually cope with these situations by having deals with them. First, I told them honestly that everyone would need to survive with jobs, even them, themselves. I would still charge them the design fees, but meanwhile offering them with a better price to let them feel they have got the “benefits” already by having a cheaper price although it’s just a skill of marking up the price quotation. Then, it’s upon their choices, whether to accept it or decline it as friends are not only to take benefits. We must respect each other’s career and job.

Case scenario 2 : clients often change their opinion during the design process which they actually do not know what they want
I’ve encountered a few clients that often change their opinion. Sometimes, I would face the situation when they wanted to change all the ideas after I’ve done the outcome. However, 
It would drag my schedule that I don’t have any other time for  other projects. This is totally unfair to the designers. At this moment, the biggest challenge is our patience whereas I’m always patient with these clients. What I would do is to prepare a form for them to fill in, including the terms and condition. It is to allow them to have a clearer direction on their brands, and what they would like to request. Through this form, I can realize and analyze their wishing list and personalities which these are helping in gaining awareness. After filling up the form, double-confirm with the direction they wish to proceed. Then, I started to work with the project. Also, asking to have some references they found and wish to proceed.

Comments